Indian state-owned defense company Armored Vehicles Nigam Limited (AVANI) created the most unique BMP-2 armored vehicle equipped with integrated FCS, Loiter munition system and 5th generation ATGM.
On October 18, the largest defense and aerospace exhibition, DefExpo 2022, kicked off in Gujrat, India, with lots of new equipment and modernized and brand-new technology. An image of unique upgraded BMP-2M published by Vayu Aerospace equipped with loitering ammunition from AVision and Rafael’s 5th Spike ATGM.
AVANI BMP-2M is equipped with third generation Sighting system for both Gunner and Commander, an integrated Fire control system for weapons, a Multifunctional Display for Commander and gunner, an overriding facility for the commander, Auto target tracking, a display for trooper to improve situational Awareness. However, the vehicle is still equipped with traditional 30 mm Turret autocannon 2A42.
So here we go!!!
The first tweet from Defexpo 22 Gandhinagar
Seen here is the BMP-2M….along with poster details so that we don't have to bother answering questions 😆 pic.twitter.com/JbaWOJJnj0
— Vayu Aerospace Review (@ReviewVayu) October 17, 2022
AVision Loiter Munition System
- Pinpoint strikes from any direction and vertical.
- Abort, re-engage and recover capability
- Independent, beyond-IOS precision .
- High-speed transit flight and low-speed loitering.
- Low noise, low thermal signature
- Stabilized electrooptical (EO/IR) seeker.
- Warheads tailored to customer requirements.
- Lightweight with the pneumatic launch.
- Delivers independence and flexibility to frontline forces
- Multi-operational platform: air, land and sea.
- Highly efficient in urban earfare with minimal collateral damage
- Independent closure of sensor-to-shooter loop
- Maintains element of surprise.
- Enhanced ISR and precise fire capabilities.
- Man Portable.
- Multi-Mission, Miniature BLOS Systems for Land Platforms.
- Precision and Reliability for all Levels of the Fighting Forces.
Specification of BMP version
- Weight: 12kg
- Warhead: 4.5kg
- Endurance: 60 minutes
- Propulsion: Electric
- Launching: Canister
SPIKE 5th Generation ATGM
- Enhanced lethality against all types of targets
- Reduced Round weight for excellent weight to lethality ratio
- Reduced launcher Weight
- Full commonality to all SPIKE missile launchers (Air, Ground and Sea)
- Lethality: Highly capable tandem HEAT warhead, Smart multipurpose warhead
- Range: Ground launch : 5.5 km, Aerial launch : 10 km
- Modes of operation : Fire & Forget/ Fire & Observe / Fire to target coordinate
- Data link of Man in the loop: fibre optic for ground launch RF for Aerial launch
- Embedded IMU for third party target allocation missions-network enabled
- Embedded CAPS Capabilities
- Very low LCC (Life cycle Cost)
- Pinpoint accuracy at long range
- Enhances the force operational range and precision ability Lofted missile trajectory enables steep angle of attack for target engagements in line of sight and beyond line of sight
- (engagement of an enemy firing position rear slope)
- Abort mission capability mid flight
- High hit/ kill probability